Monday, June 25, 2012

Turning 30

All year I have some how dreaded turning 30.  Now that it's hear I am realizing that 30 is pretty great! Growing up 30 was that magical # that you would measure your life by.  What you are, where you are, who you are at 30 would determine if your life is good or not.  Well as it turns out that's not really true.  Anyone at any point can change their life into a good one (or a bad one).  I'm not talking about a nice house, good spouse, well behaved kids, money in the bank (though all that is nice); I'm talking about taking what you have and making it work for you.  Keeping God at the center of your life and remembering that this world is not the final picture of who we are.
So here's to a new decade and more growing up! Oh yeah... and lots of messing up along the way.  
Yes, Maya is in a tight grip here: to keep her from diving head first into my cake.  
  


No comments:

Post a Comment